Make these easy and adorable Oreo Bats in minutes! Perfect for all of your Halloween celebrations.
Affiliate links are included below for your convenience. Please see my full disclosure.
You are going to love how quick and easy these Halloween Oreo Bats are to make! With just a few ingredients and about 5 minutes, you can have the most adorable Halloween treat to serve or take to any spooky celebrations or parties.
I’m all about quick and easy holiday treats and desserts. Some of my favorites for Halloween include Waffle Pretzel Mummies, 5-Minute Tombstone Cookies, and Spiderweb Brownies. You don’t need much time to make them, but they’ll look like you did! If you need a Halloween treat on short notice, or you’re having an extra busy week, they are all great choices. Oreo Bats are my new favorite, and because you don’t need to prepare anything, they’re especially quick and easy. Did I mention adorable?
- Oreos or sandwich cookies
- Reese’s PB cups, mini size
- Candy monster eyes
- Chocolate chips
Any Oreos will work, because the flavor filling doesn’t matter–you’ll be removing it from the cookies. You need very few chocolate chips–you only need a little to hold the wings and eyes in place. Optionally, you could use canned frosting if you have it on hand.
Tip: If you need a gluten-free treat, this is a great option, using Gluten-Free Oreo Cookies!
This is such an easy recipe, you don’t need much!
- Small microwave-safe bowl to melt the chocolate chips
- Butter knife to spread chocolate
I use a cutting board to put everything on while I’m making them–but the counter will work too.
Set out all of your supplies.
Tip: For every 2 Oreo bats, you’ll need 1 Oreo, 2 mini PB cups, 4 monster eyes, and around 10 chocolate chips.
Step 1: Separate the Oreo cookies, and remove the filling.
Step 2: Break each Oreo cookie layer in half.
Step 3: Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, using a glass or microwave-safe bowl.
Step 4: Unwrap the mini PB cups.
Step 5: Use a butter knife to add a bit of chocolate to one end of each cookie half, and place on the top of the PB cup at an angle, with the edge of the cookie half in the center. Repeat on the other side.
Step 6: Use a bit of chocolate to add monster eyes to the middle of the PB cup, on the top of the Oreo cookie layers.
Yes! The filling doesn’t matter, since you’ll be removing it and just using the cookie part. As long as the cookie is chocolate, it will work.
You can make these the day before, but make sure to store in a airtight container so the Oreos don’t get stale.
If you have leftover bats, you can store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
More Halloween ideas
Hey – you’ve made it this far, so now we’re pretty much best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to leave me a comment below, and a recipe rating! 🖤 Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Oreo BatsPIN RECIPE PRINT RECIPE
- Separate the Oreo cookies, and remove the filling.
- Break each Oreo cookie layer in half.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, using a glass or microwave-safe bowl.
- Unwrap the mini PB cups.
- Use a butter knife to add a bit of chocolate to one end of each cookie half, and place on the top of the PB cup at an angle, with the edge of the cookie half in the center. Repeat on the other side.
- Use a bit of chocolate to add monster eyes to the middle of the PB cup, on the top of the Oreo cookie layers.
To make 2 Oreo Bats:
- For every 2 Oreo bats, you'll need 1 Oreo, 2 mini PB cups, 4 monster eyes, and around 10 chocolate chips.