One of my favorite things is a chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven. My kids love them too, so we make them quite often. This week though, I was in a huge hurry, and didn’t have time to scoop out all the cookies, so I decided to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars instead. They were super easy, came together quickly, and tasted amazing. We have a new favorite at our house!
I always double the amount of chocolate chips when I make cookies, and I did the same with these bars. It makes them ultra rich, and oh, so gooey and delicious! I’ve made them with a bag of chocolate chips and a bag of peanut butter chips, and they were a huge hit.
I also have made the batter, not added any chocolate chips at all, then pressed mini Reese’s PB cups in rows covering the entire top. Holy moly…they were literally inhaled in less than 1o minutes.
QUICK & EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
It takes about 5 minutes to get the batter ready for the oven–and I love how quick and easy this recipe is. They bake for about 30-35 minutes, and need to sit and cool for a bit before eating (if you can wait that long!). Cut into bars and serve–or even wrap individual portions in wax paper and put in lunches. These are also super yummy to take to any kind of party or event, and are also perfect wrapped up for gift-giving.
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 bags chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, then let it sit and cool for a few minutes. With a paper towel or pastry brush, spread some of the butter in a 9x13 pan, covering the bottom and sides.
- Add the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla into the melted butter and mix well.
- Measure the flour (spoon the flour into your measuring cup, then level it with a knife) and mix it with the baking soda. Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and stir to combine. Spread the batter as evenly as you can in the 9x13 pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until the edges are browned, and the middle is set--around 35 to 40 minutes in my oven.
- Let cool for about an hour before cutting into squares.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE: