Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
These GIANT Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick and soft, but crispy on the outside…and to-die-for good!
A few years ago I was with a group of friends for the Super Bowl, and we all brought a yummy treat or appetizer. One of my friends brought these GIANT chocolate chip cookies that were seriously to-die-for, and by the end of the night, everyone had asked her for the recipe. When I couldn’t find the recipe this past week, I had to hurry and have it sent to me again! These cookies are ENORMOUS, and they are a huge crowd pleaser!
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I love the texture of these cookies. They are soft and thick, with a little crisp on the outside–perfection in my eyes. And the dough (usually my favorite part of the cooking making process) is some of the best around–if you’re into that kind of thing. :)
The size of them is something to be seen–some of mine were measuring 5 inches! You bet my kids love that! These go really fast at my house, but we always have to discuss that they don’t get to eat as many of these as they might normally get to—it’s like eating at least 2 regular cookies, maybe 3. Not that I’m complaining. I also use milk chocolate chips, and I love to use big chocolate chips–Ghirardelli. I love biting into a huge chunk of chocolate!
If you want your cookies smaller, you can—but make sure you reduce the baking time. Don’t overbake these cookies! They’ll continue baking out of the oven, and you want them to stay soft.
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Other recipes you might like…
Kierste Wade is a published author, blogger, and mom to six. With more than 20 years DIY and project experience, she has been sharing ideas on her blog since 2009. Focusing on simple and doable projects, she loves to share attainable ideas for all things home, holidays, and family. Kierste has been featured on Better Homes and Gardens, HGTV, American Farmhouse Magazine (print and online) Taste of Home, Country Living, and more.