You can make these super easy and yummy Easter Rice Krispie treats in no time. Mini Cadbury Eggs are the perfect addition to this classic treat, and make them totally irresistible!
Easter Rice Krispie Treats
I’m seriously obsessed with Mini Cadbury Eggs, and they’re definitely my favorite Easter treat. I bought a huge bag at Sam’s Club this past weekend, and when my kids started begging for Rice Krispie treats, I knew the two would make the perfect combination. Rice Krispie treats are already super yummy, but when you add in the Mini Cadbury eggs, it takes it over the top. I love love the addition of the crunch and chocolate–and everyone else will too!
So quick, easy, and festive!
I love Rice Krispie treats for lots of reasons, but the fact that they’re so quick and easy to make is at the top of my list. When you add in the fun pastel colors of the Mini Cadbury Eggs, it makes them even more fun and so festive for the spring season and Easter holiday.
Chewy Rice Krispies are the best…
I think chewy Rice Krispies are the best–so I add extra butter and extra marshmallows to the original recipe! You can add more or less Rice Krispies to your liking, which makes them a pretty flexible recipe. I also add a little vanilla–I think it gives it just that little bit extra flavor that makes such a big difference!
They are SO yummy, and my family ate through the pan so fast I barely had time to turn around. I can’t wait to make them again and again throughout the spring season and Easter holiday!
They’re perfect for giving, taking to parties or gatherings, serving to friends and family, and taking into the classroom.
Easter Rice Krispie Treats with Mini Cadbury Eggs
- 1 16 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 12.5 oz. box Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 10 oz. bag Mini Cadbury Eggs (or 2 cups)
- Butter a 9x13 pan--bottom and edges.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat. Add the marshmallows, and stir until they're completely melted. Remove from heat, and stir in the Rice Krispies cereal.
- Let the cereal sit for just a few minutes to let it cool down a little. While they're cooling, place the Cadbury eggs in a plastic bag, then use a rolling pin to smash them into large pieces. Slowly fold in the chocolate pieces into the Rice Krispie treats mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered pan. Butter your hands, then press down the mixture until the top is smooth. Or, use a piece of wax paper to press it down. Cut into pieces.
Other ideas you might like…
- Mailing Easter Eggs to Family & Friends!
- You’ve Been Egged! (Easter Service Activity)
- Farmhouse Spring Decor
- Vintage Lemonade Stand with Reversible Chalkboard Sign