Swirled through with cinnamon and sugar bits, Cinnamon Sugar Bread is so yummy, and easy to make. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or for dessert!
Fall is the perfect time for all kinds of bread. Although I make this recipe all year long, there’s just something about warm out-of-the-oven bread during the crisp weather months.
This is one of those recipes that literally takes minutes for my family to consume. Not kidding—within ten minutes, the entire loaf is finished off. If I want any, I have to get the first slice!
Cinnamon Sugar Bread Recipe
The middle is swirled with cinnamony sugar goodness, and the rich, buttery bread just melts in your mouth. To be honest, it’s more like a cake, and you can actually make it in 9×13 dish too! (Just adjust the baking time.) But I prefer the loaf, drizzling it with a delightful glaze, and slicing it up for serving.
If you’re having guests overnight guests, serving breakfast, or hosting a brunch, this is the perfect recipe. It’s super easy to make, and SO yummy.
The glaze is actually optional…so feel free to leave it off if you prefer. I love the way it looks and tastes, so I usually do add it, but this bread can definitely stand alone.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This is also a great bread for giving! I like using small disposable loaf pans or mini loaf pans, and wrapping them up for gifts. Just be sure to adjust the baking time, because they’ll bake much faster.
Cinnamon Sugar Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup melted butter Yes, another one! Keep them separate.
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons very soft butter
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the eggs, vanilla, milk, and 1/2 c. melted butter, and mix well. Pour into a greased loaf pan. Melt the second 1/2 c. butter, and stir in the cinnamon, flour, and brown sugar. Pour on top of the batter and swirl through with a butter knife, making sure to get all the way to the bottom. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until done through.
- While it's baking, make the Cinnamon Glaze. Place the powdered sugar and softened butter in a bowl Add the milk a little bit at a time until you get the right consistency. Add the vanilla and salt, mix well. Mix in the cinnamon.
- When the bread is finished baking, cool for 15 minutes before drizzling the glaze over the top.
More recipes you might like…
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Cinnamon & Sugar Sour Cream Muffins
- How to Make Perfect Caramel Apples (Recipe + Tips)