I was shopping last weekend, and saw the most adorable pumpkin bracelet in one of my favorite children’s stores. I had to come home and try it, but in this super fun, candy pumpkin version. I love the way these Candy Pumpkin Bracelets turned out!!
These would be the perfect addition to any Halloween party–as a favor, or as a craft. It’s also a really fun activity to do with your kids at home, and my girls loved to help. They are simple to make, and really inexpensive, making it easy to make a bunch, or just one!
- candy pumpkins
- dental floss
- needle, with large eye
1. Cut off a long piece of floss. You will trim it later, but you want plenty to work with. I used white floss, but it doesn’t really matter, since it will be completely covered. Thread it through your needle, just enough to get it through, plus a little bit.
2. Poke your needle into the bottom of the first pumpkin, and push it through the top. You will definitely need something to help push it through–your finger alone will not be strong enough. I used the dental floss case as leverage, and it worked perfectly.
4. Once you have the desired amount of pumpkins, tie your two ends of floss together to make a bracelet, then trim the ends.
5. Tie short pieces of ribbon in between the pumpkins. I made one bracelet with all black gingham ribbon, and the other I alternated the black gingham and an orange polka dot.
6. Wear ’em! For as long as they last. :)