Summers in upstate NY means going blueberry picking, and our whole family loves fresh blueberries. I freeze some of them…or at least the ones I can manage to save before we eat them all! There are so many yummy recipes using fresh blueberries, including the BEST Blueberry Muffins!
Nothing beats fresh blueberry muffins right out of the oven, piping hot, and melting in your mouth when you eat them. There’s a sugar crust on the top of each muffin, and the combination of the crunchy top and soft middle with the juicy berries is delightful.
Like you could die and be happy, they’re so good!
They’re perfect for breakfast, of course, but don’t forget lunch, dinner, snacks, and even school lunches! Basically, anytime is the perfect time for these blueberry muffins!
The BEST Blueberry Muffins Recipe
There’s sour cream in the recipe, which is really the secret ingredient that makes them so good. If you can use fresh berries, that’s best, but you can use frozen if they’re not available. Just thaw the berries, rinse really well, and pat dry–that will help the batter to not turn green when you mix them in.
- Grease and flour muffin tins.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Pour the 1 c. sugar into a large bowl, then add the melted butter.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream, and mix well.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. (Make sure if you’re using frozen berries that you’ve rinsed them well and patted them dry first.)
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full, then sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar on top of each one.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, or until done.