A New Laundry Room Faucet!
A new laundry room faucet changed the whole look of the room, plus gave me extra functionality that makes my life easier!
New Laundry Room Faucet
I’m so happy with my new faucet! I absolutely love the way it looks in the space, plus the touch feature is perfect in my laundry room/mud room. Yep–all you need to do to turn it on or off is touch it! We are constantly using this utility sink to wash hands that are covered in dirt or mud, paint, and any number of things. Being able to touch the faucet quickly and turn it on with a hand, wrist, or even elbow, is pretty handy! It also means the faucet stays cleaner, because we don’t have to touch it with those dirty hands. And my kids? They come through this part of the house the most often from outside, and making a quick stop at the sink to wash their hands (or feet…or anything else…) happens a lot.
Aesthetically, I love it too. The black fits perfectly with the other design elements, and I think it really pulls everything together. I was just so excited to find a faucet that not only looks great, but works so well, and has so many really great features that make my life easier!
I used this in my laundry room, but it’s actually a kitchen faucet, so it’s very versatile!
Affiliate links of products I use and love are included below for your convenience. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you to Delta Faucet for partnering with me on this post.
It’s the Delta Trinsic Faucet in Matte Black, and I was first introduced to it back in September when I visited Delta Faucet headquarters. I was able to see the entire design process, engineering and technology–really how everything actually works. In addition to falling in love with the design of this faucet, I understood what was behind it, and I knew it was the faucet for me! Faucets aren’t inexpensive, and when you invest in one for your home, knowing that you’re getting the best possible product is important.
A few reasons why I love Delta Touch Faucets, and why I chose them for my home…
- Patented Technology: In addition to the fact that it is a touch faucet, I knew I wanted to go with Delta for another main reason. They were the first to come up with the technology, and have a patent on their design. That meant that other companies that also offer touch faucets cannot use this same technology, and have to come up with other ways of doing it. I’ve seen the other faucets in action, watched them side-by-side, and there really is no comparison. There are other good products, of course, but when it comes to this specific technology, Delta has them all beat.
- Magnetic Docking: The faucet has a powerful magnet that snaps it in place…and keeps it there. It then comes off with a gentle tug, so there’s no yanking or pulling when you want to take it out. I love that it stays in place and doesn’t droop or sag down.
- Diamond Seal Technology: Delta’s patented Diamond Seal Technology reduces leak points, making them last 2x the industry standard. It means I’m getting more for my money in the long run.
- Automatic Shut-off: This is so important, and I’m so glad I don’t have to worry about someone forgetting to turn off the faucet and causing major water damage. We don’t have pets, but if you do, I know this is a big deal for you. After 4 minutes, the faucet automatically turns off, so you can leave home with no worries.
- Battery Indicator: An LED light indicator lets you know when it’s time to change the battery–after 2-5 years, depending on what type you use.
- Touch Clean Feature: Anything that helps me clean faster and better automatically gets an A in my book. To clean lime and calcium off the rubber spray holes, all you need to do is use your finger!
- Easy Installation: Complete directions came in the box, and my husband was able to install it in just about an hour. One of my little boys helped, and they had a great time!
- Awesome Customer Service: If you run into an issue, or need some extra help, they are always there to guide you through the process.
- You can read even more about the product features on the Delta website.
When we took out our previous faucet, we had an extra hole where the sprayer was. Since the new faucet has a built in sprayer, we put in a soap pump in its place. It’s super easy to fill and use, and it’s really convenient.
I know that was a lot of information, but hopefully it will help you as you’re trying to decide which faucet is right for your home. In addition to Trinsic, they have many more styles with the same technology, so you can choose a design and finish that fits your space and style. There’s even a Champagne Bronze finish option on some of them, and I can attest to how gorgeous it is…even more so than in the pictures!
Other posts you might like…
- Farmhouse Sink Pros and Cons
- Farmhouse Style Tiered Trays
- Our Bathroom Under the Stairs!
- Easy DIY $15 Wooden Blanket Ladder
- Outdoor String Lights on DIY Posts
Kierste Wade is a published author, blogger, and mom to six. With more than 20 years DIY and project experience, she has been sharing ideas on her blog since 2009. Focusing on simple and doable projects, she loves to share attainable ideas for all things home, holidays, and family. Kierste has been featured on Better Homes and Gardens, HGTV, American Farmhouse Magazine (print and online) Taste of Home, Country Living, and more.