So…you want an adorable flag tee for your kids, but don’t want to spend a lot of time or money? I’ve got the perfect answer! This super cute 4th of July Handprint Flag Tee literally takes less than 5 minutes to make, and has all the red, white & blue goodness you’re looking for. Best of all, it features the cutest handprint ever, and ends up being a keepsake too. It’s SO quick, SO easy, and SO cute…you’re going to love it!
I absolutely love it! It’s perfect for all of your 4th of July celebrations, BBQs, parades, and firework shows, and you don’t need any special tools to make them. Just a little fabric paint, paintbrush, and a handprint!
I decided just to do the stripes right next to the handprint, but you can certainly keep adding them–two full stripes underneath the handprint–if you want to. I like it like this, but that’s one of the pluses for this project…you can really make it your own!
I just used a tee shirt from her closet that was just starting to grow out of, and I already had the fabric paint, so this was a totally free project for me–I love when that happens!
4TH OF JULY HANDPRINT FLAG TEE
SUPPLIES: (Affiliate links are included below. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission that helps support this blog, at no extra cost to you.)
- white or gray tee shirt
- wax paper or piece of cardboard
- red and blue fabric paint
- 1 inch foam brush or paintbrush
Here’s a fun video tutorial:
- Lay out the tee shirt on a solid surface, then place a piece of wax paper or cardboard (I like cereal boxes) in between the front and back so that paint doesn’t bleed through.
- Paint the bottom of the hand with blue paint–get a pretty good coat, not too thin, but not too thick.
- Place the hand with fingers slightly apart on the left hand side of the tee shirt, near the top. Press the fingers and hand down gently to get a good imprint. Remove the hand, and wash well!
- Use your foam brush or paint brush to add red stripes next to the flag, leaving the same width as the brush in between each stripe. You can add stripes underneath the handprint if you wish, stretching from the edge of the handprint to the farthest end of the other red stripes.
- Let dry completely.
That’s it! You’ve got an adorable Handprint Flag Tee!
You might also like some of my other 4th of July ideas…
- 4th of July Burlap Flag Silverware Holder
- Quick & Easy 4th of July Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 4th of July Mason Jar Drink Toppers
- Patriotic 4th of July Cupcake Toppers
Thanks for stopping by!! xoxo