A fun & yummy twist on traditional S’mores, Waffle Cone S’mores are easy to make over a fire, on a grill, or in the oven!
We are a s’mores family. They’re pretty much one of our favorite summer treats, and a week doesn’t usually go by without having them by the campfire. We’ve mixed it up a bunch…used Oreos, Peanut Butter Cookies, and fudge striped cookies on the outside. Reese’s PB Cups are a definite favorite on the inside. But these go even more outside the box, and you’re going to love them!
They’re really so simple–instead of using graham crackers, you use waffle cones. I actually used sugar cones, which are smaller, but either one will work. The rest of the ingredients are the same…marshmallows and chocolate.
You can use mini marshmallows (which are nice if it’s a smaller cone), or you can just pull a larger marshmallow in half. Whatever you have on hand is fine! I did use chocolate chips, but it’s easy to to just break up a chocolate bar into smaller pieces if that’s what you have.
I actually added a bit of a “secret” ingredient into the cones along with the chocolate and marshmallows…peanut butter! SO good! You could also try Nutella. The best part about these cones is that you can really do whatever you like…different candies like Reese’s, York Mints, and M&Ms…the sky is the limit.
So this is how it works…
Waffle Cone S’mores
- Fill cone with desired toppings.
- Wrap up your cone completely in aluminum foil–cover the top, sides, and all!
- Place over the fire (we put a stick through it so we can hold it over the fire) for a couple of minutes. You can also place it near hot coals–just have a safe way to pick it up!
- OVEN METHOD: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place wrapped cones in the oven for 3 minutes. flip halfway through.
- GRILL METHOD: Place on the grill for 2 minutes, flip at the 1 minute mark.
- Unwrap your cone and ENJOY!!
Look at those swirls of peanut butter, chocolate, and marshmallow! SO good. And I just love how easy it is. Literally minutes. No fancy prep work needed, and you can make it your own. My kids cannot get enough of these! They’re great for camping too.
More ideas you might like…