A yummy and fun twist on classic S’mores, Waffle Cone S’mores are an easy dessert to make over a fire, on a grill, or in the oven!
We are a s’mores family. They’re pretty much one of our favorite summer treats, and a week doesn’t usually go by without having them by the campfire. We’ve mixed it up a bunch…used Oreos, Peanut Butter Cookies, and fudge striped cookies on the outside. Reese’s peanut butter cups are a definite favorite on the inside. But these take it to a new level, and you’re going to love them!
They’re really so simple–instead of using graham crackers, you use waffle cones or ice cream cones. I actually used sugar cones, which are smaller, but either one will work. The rest of the ingredients are the same…marshmallows and chocolate. (Plus any favorite add-ins!)
Waffle Cone S’mores Recipe
You’re going to love how easy these are to make! We call them Waffle Cone S’mores, but they’re also known as Campfire Cones. They’re so fun to do in your backyard, with friends, or on a camping trip. Because they’re completely customizable, they’re really fun for everyone, since you can create your very own cone just they way you like it.
You can use mini marshmallows (which are nice if it’s a smaller cone), or you can just pull a larger marshmallow in half. Whatever you have on hand is fine! That’s why I love these–you can go simple and classic with chocolate and marshmallows, or add in as desired. I did use chocolate chips, but it’s easy to to just break up a chocolate bar into smaller pieces if that’s what you have. If you’re making fancier cones, breaking up bars of really nice chocolate works well.
I actually added a bit of a “secret” ingredient into the cones along with the layers of chocolate and marshmallows…peanut butter! SO good! You could also try Nutella. The best part about these cones is that you can really do whatever you like. Candy add-in ideas include Reese’s peanut butter cups, York Mints, Rolos, caramel chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate, and M&Ms. The sky is the limit!
One of the great things about these S’mores is that they’re so versatile, and you can make them over a campfire, but also in your oven or on the grill. So if you don’t have a fire pit, or it’s a rainy day, you can still enjoy this summer treat.
- Fill cone with desired toppings.
- Wrap up your cone completely in aluminum foil–cover the top, sides, and all!
- If you’re doing a bunch, write names on the foil in Sharpie, so you don’t get them mixed up!
- CAMPFIRE METHOD: Place over the fire (we put a stick through it so we can hold it over the fire) for a couple of minutes. You can also place it near hot coals–just have a safe way to pick it up!
- OVEN METHOD: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place wrapped cones in the oven and bake for 3 minutes. flip halfway through. You can place them right on the rack, or on a baking sheet.
- GRILL METHOD: Place on the grill for 2 minutes, flip at the 1 minute mark.
- Unwrap your cone and ENJOY!!
Look at those swirls of peanut butter, chocolate, and marshmallow! SO good. And I just love how easy it is. Literally minutes. No fancy prep work needed, and you can make it your own. My kids cannot get enough of these!
Waffle Cone S’mores (Campfire Cones)
- 1 waffle cone, or sugar cone
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/8 cup chocolate chips
- Add-ins as desired
- Fill cone with desired toppings.Wrap up your cone completely in aluminum foil–cover the top, sides, and all!If you're doing a bunch, write names on the foil in Sharpie, so you don't get them mixed up!
- CAMPFIRE METHOD: Place over the fire (we put a stick through it so we can hold it over the fire) for a couple of minutes. You can also place it near hot coals–just have a safe way to pick it up! OVEN METHOD: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place wrapped cones in the oven and bake for 3 minutes. flip halfway through. You can place them right on the rack, or on a baking sheet.GRILL METHOD: Place on the grill for 2 minutes, flip at the 1 minute mark.Unwrap your cone and ENJOY!!