Teen Girl Bedroom Ideas: Room Refresh
A bedroom refresh for my daughter with simple, fun teen girl bedroom ideas!
Over the years my twin girls’ bedrooms have slowly morphed from what they had as children, through the early tween/teen years, and now into what they need as teens. Things have changed as they grew and discovered their own styles, and also how they need their room to function. When they were younger they didn’t spend as much time in their room, since we keep toys in the playroom. Now they are doing their hair and makeup, working on homework, and chatting with friends!
They’ve each recently had a room refresh, with small updates that work well for how they utilize their room space. Today I’m sharing one of those rooms, and a few teen girl bedroom ideas that have made a difference for them.
Teen Girl Bedroom Ideas
One of my girls loves to read, and is working on her book collection. A bunch of her wall space is taken up by bookshelves, and she even downsized to a twin bed to make more room! She still really needed a place to do her homework, and also to put on her makeup and do her hair. With five kids upstairs sharing bathrooms, it can get a little c rowded, so she likes doing some of that in her room. So we made a few changes in her room that have made a huge difference, but didn’t cost a lot of money.
She also doesn’t have a large room, so utilizing the available space was really important.
A Multi-Functional Desk
This girl needed a desk! It really was top of our list to bring her room together and give her both function and aesthetics. A desk is a great option for versatility in a bedroom. We had her list out her design requests, and nailed down what multi-purposes it would be used for. It’s absolutely perfect for her room, and fits everything she needed.
- Homework: She has a heavy academic load, and needed a quiet space she could work, away from younger kids and noise. We added a slide out drawer for her keyboard, so it didn’t take up a lot of space on the desk.
- Makeup/Hair: There are often lines to get in to the bathroom, and giving her a separate place to do her makeup and hair helped everyone. Now she has plenty of room to get ready. She has a cute mirror that folds up and works perfectly for sitting on the desk, and also fitting in a cabinet for storage if necessary.
We added small sections in the top drawer to hold her makeup and also other items she wanted to store in there.
- Art/Design: She loves to design and work on art projects, and this would be a dedicated space for that as well. With room for her computer, plus plenty of tabletop room to spread out paints, pens, and other art media, this was another utilization of the desk.
We also added this super cute pink rolling cart, for extra book storage.
With a smaller bed size, she also was in need for some new bedding. I found the cutest set that totally fits her style and desired color scheme (pale pink and green). Reversible, it has a dainty floral on one side, and green gingham check on the other. She often changes it up as she feels like it.
Her initial is above the bed, and at 24×36, it fills the space perfectly. Cute new little lamp in white and gold completes the look!
I added a bunch of pillows in different shapes, sizes, and textures, and they’re perfectly cozy too. A bedrest pillow was another must…for when she reads in bed!
The gingham is so cute!
Bedroom Shopping Sources
- Foldable mirror
- Rolling Cart
- Pleated round pillow
- Cable knit throw pillow
- Knit throw blanket
- Bedrest pillow
- White ruffle pillow cases
- White and gold lamp
- Printable letter art
- White frame
- Cream metal bed (similar)
The bedding is currently out of stock as of this posting, but you can get notified when it’s back!
We built our desk, but here are some that I found that are similar. Different price points included.
- Tangkula White Computer Desk
- PB Auburn Desk Hutch
- Little Seeds White Monarch Desk
- Crosley Palmetto Computer Desk
- Linon Lakelyn 4-drawer Desk
- PB Penny Desk (the SCALLOPS!!)
Makeup Drawer Sources
Since I know I’ll get questions about these items, I thought I’d add them here!
- Glossier Mascara
- Glossier Eyeliner Pen
- Glossier Priming Moisturizer
- Glosser Balm Dotcom Lip Gloss
- Sephora Mini Brush Set
- Rare Beauty Mascara
- Rare Beauty Concealer
- Rare Beauty Powder
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
- Miss Dior Eau de Parfum
- Lange Vent and Detangling Hairbrush
- Lululemon Everyday Belt Bag
- Jewelry Case
Add right to your Amazon cart!
To make it even easier, here are the Amazon items in the post, and with one click, they’ll be in your cart!
Kierste Wade is a published author, blogger, and mom to six. With more than 20 years DIY and project experience, she has been sharing ideas on her blog since 2009. Focusing on simple and doable projects, she loves to share attainable ideas for all things home, holidays, and family. Kierste has been featured on Better Homes and Gardens, HGTV, American Farmhouse Magazine (print and online) Taste of Home, Country Living, and more.