Melt-in-your-mouth pastry & a rich, pecan filling make the yummiest Christmas cookie around–Pecan Tassies! Add to your holiday baking list!
When I was growing up, my siblings and I eagerly awaited the Christmas package that always came for us from our grandmother. She was an amazing southern cook, and we couldn’t help but anticipate all the yumminess she sent to us for the holidays. The package was stuffed to the brim of all of our favorite cookies, and it was all my mom could do to keep us from eating them all in one sitting. She always included Pecan Tassies, which are still to this day one of my favorites. Now I make them with my kids for our family and friends, and they love them too. They’re perfect for the holidays…or anytime!
It’s not a traditional cookie, in fact, they’re baked in a muffin tin instead of on a cookie sheet! They have the most delicious, melt-in-your-mouth crust–almost like a mini pie crust–and they’re filled with a rich, pecan filling. Best of all, they’re easy to make, and sure to be a hit with everyone you serve them to!
Looking for a yummy cookie to bring to a holiday party, gathering, or cookie exchange? Give these a try!
Pecan Tassies Cookies Recipe
- 1 3 oz. package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- Blend the softened cream cheese and butter. Stir in flour, mix well.
- Chill for 1 hr. Shape into 2 dozen 1” balls. Place in un-greased 1 ¾” inch muffin tins. Press dough in bottoms & up sides.
- Beat together egg, brown sugar, softened butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Add the pecans, and mix well. Evenly distribute pecan mixture in the middle of each pastry cup.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool before removing from pans.