Simple and delicious Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies…they’ll soon be everyone’s favorite!
My kids were clamoring for oatmeal cookies this week, and when they do, I usually make Oatmeal Scotchies. When I realized we were out of butterscotch chips, I decided just to go ahead and use chocolate chips instead, and then I got a little crazy and added some peanut butter too. Oh MY goodness! The combination of chocolate and peanut butter is always delicious, and then when you throw in the hearty goodness of the oats, it’s an absolute winning combination.
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
My kids loved them, and they were gobbled up so fast–I really should have doubled the batch. I did manage to sneak out a few to save for school lunches, and a few for a friend. Whether you’re serving them to your family, bringing them to a party, or wrapping up in cute packaging to take to a friend, they’re sure to be a hit!
When it comes to chocolate chips, I prefer milk chocolate, and I like the big fat ones by Ghirardelli best of all. It adds a higher chocolate to cookie ratio, and I’m all about that. :)
I just love the heartiness of the oats, and the combination of them with the peanut butter and chocolate chips is simply perfection. This is one that’s definitely in our family favorite recipe book!
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars; beat in eggs.
- Stir together flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Beat just until well mixed.
- Stir in oats, then chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls, then roll them in granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Use 2 fingers to press them down slightly.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool slightly before removing from pan to cooking rack.