Easy Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
A delightfully moist Lemon Bundt Cake that is simple and easy to make. An easy bundt cake recipe that tastes like it came from a bakery!
Oh my goodness, how I love lemon! It’s the perfect flavor for spring and summer, although I love it all year long. It’s about this time of year that I really start craving all the things that are light and fresh, and lemon is firmly in that category. If you’re looking for a really yummy and easy dessert to take to a party or serve to guests, this is perfect–it looks gorgeous and tastes SO good!
Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
This Lemon Bundt Cake is incredibly easy to make, because all you need is a cake mix and a few other ingredients that elevates it, and makes it taste like a bakery cake. I have used this recipe for a long time, and you can make it so many other flavor combinations. (Chocolate is another favorite.)
I’m also all about the lemon buttercream frosting drizzled over the cake, and with the touch of lemon zest, it’s sheer perfection. This cake was gobbled up by my family in less than a day, and every time I serve it, it’s always a hit!
Lemon Bundt Cake
- 1 lemon cake mix (I like Duncan Hines)
- 1 5.9 oz. box instant lemon pudding
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- lemon zest of two lemons
- dash salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray really well, then dust with flour.
- With a hand mixer, combine the cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, water, flour, and a little lemon zest in a mixing bowl.
- Spoon into the bundt pan and bake for 45-55 minutes. My oven bakes really slow, so mine always takes longer, but start checking around 45 minutes, just to make sure. Cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes, then turn out onto a cake plate. While it's cooling, make the frosting!
- To make the frosting: Measure the powdered sugar into a large mixing bowl. Add the softened butter and a little bit of milk, beating until well combined, and adding a little milk as needed. When it's the right consistency, mix in the lemon extract and salt. I like to stir in a little lemon zest too!
- After the cake has cooled, turn it out onto a cake plate. Microwave the frosting for about 20 seconds, until you can pour It over the cake In ribbons. Sprinkle lemon zest over the top.
Oh my goodness, my mouth is watering as I write! The rich, flavorful cake, combined with the tangy and creamy frosting…pure heaven. It’s the perfect cake for your Easter menu, bridal or baby showers, BBQs, spring parties, and pretty much any occasion you like!
Other recipes you might like…
- Simple Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream (No eggs, no-cook!)
- Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
- Lemon Poundcake with Strawberries
Kierste Wade is a published author, blogger, and mom to six. With more than 20 years DIY and project experience, she has been sharing ideas on her blog since 2009. Focusing on simple and doable projects, she loves to share attainable ideas for all things home, holidays, and family. Kierste has been featured on Better Homes and Gardens, HGTV, American Farmhouse Magazine (print and online) Taste of Home, Country Living, and more.