These yummy Coconut Mounds Brownies taste just like the candy bar! An easy and yummy brownie with a delightful coconut filling and fudgy frosting.
One of my girls is a huge coconut fan, and loves anything with chocolate and coconut together. Because of that, I’m always on the lookout for recipes she’ll like. What a huge hit! Everyone loved them, and they’re definitely on our favorites list.
Coconut Mounds Brownies
You can choose if you want to use a brownie mix for a super quick dessert, or use your own favorite brownie recipe. I often use a brownie mix (Ghirardelli is my favorite), because they’re a little more dense and less fudgy than my go-to homemade recipe. I think this brownie needs that to hold up to the filling and frosting. You can definitely still use whatever you like best!
This is enough filling and frosting to cover a 9×9 pan of brownies. If you need to cover a 9×13 pan, you can 1 1/2 the recipe. I prefer using glass baking dishes, but if you use one, you may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time. Watch it closely!
Coconut Mounds Brownies
- Baked brownies in a 9×9 pan: Brownie mix or your favorite recipe
- 5 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Fudgy Chocolate Frosting
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Bake brownies according to recipe or box directions. Let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients until well combined.
- While the brownies are cooling, make the frosting.
- Measure the powdered sugar Into a large mixing bowl. If there are any large clumps, sift In a large glass measuring cup or other microwave safe glass bowl, melt the butter, cocoa, and 2 tablespoons of the milk until It comes to a boil. Stir well, then add to the powdered sugar. Add the vanilla and the rest of the milk until the consistency Is smooth. Add a little more milk If necessary, and stir until smooth.
Putting it all together…
- After the brownies have cooled, add the coconut filling on top and spread evenly to the edges. Frost the top with the fudgy chocolate frosting. Enjoy!
More recipes for you…
- Pistachio Four Layer Dessert (switch up the flavor!)
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- Lemon Meltaways