There are certain “mom” moments in life, ones that we all experience at point or another. Moments like… “I need to take 4 dozen cookies to school tomorrow morning” (said at 9pm). Well, we’re moms, and we find a way to figure it out. Sometimes it means a late trip to the store to buy cookies, or staying up late to make them (which is what I usually do). When that happens, or any other time you want a yummy and easy cookie, Cake Mix Cookies are a best bet!
QUICK & EASY CAKE MIX COOKIES
We love cake mix cookies at our house. They have only three ingredients, take about 5 minutes to mix together, and are super delicious and soft! I also love that there are so many potential varieties and options, depending on which flavor cake mix you use, and what you mix in with it. I just love how quick these are to whip up, and how many flavor possibilities there are. The sky is the limit!
They’re SO easy, and I love how many different flavor combinations there are! I like to roll the cookies in sugar first–it gives them a nice crunch on the outside. I also sometimes use powdered sugar, which I did with these chocolate ones…they’re like crinkle cookies! Or you can skip the sugar, and frost them instead. Another option is to use chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, etc. I’ve made them both ways, and they’re yummy no matter what!
It’s also a really great starter recipe for a child that wants to learn to bake, because it’s so easy to make, and so few ingredients.
Or…make them just because. :)
GLUTEN-FREE CAKE MIX COOKIES
If you have someone that’s gluten-free in your life, this is also a great way to make them cookies. I have a little girl with Celiac disease, which means making treats can sometimes be a little more time-consuming, but I’ve discovered that gluten-free cake mixes work wonderfully with this recipe! I like to make up a batch and keep it in the freezer, so when something unexpected comes up at school or home, or she’s invited to a party, I have something on hand for her.
CAKE MIX COOKIES RECIPE
Enjoy this recipe! It’s the easiest and yummiest!
- Oil works best in the recipe!
- If the dough is too sticky, refrigerate for 15-30 minutes first.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together, until well blended.
- Use a medium sized cookie scoop and place cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet that's been lined with parchment paper or foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Roll in granulated sugar or powdered sugar (optional–if you're going to frost the cookies, you don't need to do this step.)
- Use a glass to press down the balls of dough.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until done.
OTHER CAKE MIX COOKIE IDEAS:
- chocolate/dark fudge cake mix with one of the following: white chocolate chips, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, mint chips, raspberry chips OR with buttercream frosting
- lemon cake mix with white chocolate chips OR lemon buttercream frosting
- yellow cake mix with butterscotch chips
- cherry chip cake mix, plain or with white chocolate chips
- spice cake mix with cream cheese frosting, OR with cinnamon chips
- german chocolate cake mix with chopped pecans and coconut
- orange cake mix with vanilla buttercream frosting
- pumpkin cake mix with cream cheese frosting
Other recipes you might like…