Lemon is the yummiest, who’s with me?? I had a hankering this week for something lemon (surprise, surprise), and I decided on something with the word “bread” in the title to make me feel better about eating so much of it. P.S. It’s really cake. :) But it’s REALLY good!
I’m not a real coconut fan, but I love the flavor. Is that weird? This recipe uses coconut milk to add the delicious coconut component, and paired with the lemon, it’s dynamite!! It’s a quick and easy recipe, and you can whip it up in no time, which is what I’m all about My kids love this as an after school snack, with a big glass of milk, and it doesn’t last long at our house. I really need to start doubling it, because we never have leftovers!
You can also make it in mini loaves, which would make perfect gifts! It would also be wonderful for brunch–Mother’s Day is coming up, and any mom would love to have this on her breakfast tray!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees--325 degrees for dark or nonstick pans. Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray, or grease and flour well. You can also use mini loaf pans--just be sure to alter the baking time!
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer, then add the lemon peel, lemon juice, and eggs. Beat well.
- Mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder, then add to the butter mixture. Slowly add the coconut milk until well blended.
- Pour into the greased loaf pans, and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean!
- While the bread is in the oven, make your lemon glaze by mixing together powdered sugar and lemon juice until you have a glaze consistency. Pour over the bread when it's warm!