Today was a snowy winter day, and it was the perfect day to whip up a batch of my favorite Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are decadently rich, chock full of chocolate chips, and basically melt in your mouth.
These are perfect anytime, but especially right when they come out of the oven. Gooey, warm, and chocolatey…yum! Pour yourself a tall glass of cold milk, and you will pretty much be in heaven. If you’re a chocolate lover, then these are an absolutely must-try. You won’t be worry! Whenever I’m craving chocolate, these cookies are at the top of my list.
They are one of our favorite family go-to cookie recipes, and not only are they the yummiest, they’re easy to make. In less than 30 minutes, you can have the best cookies ever coming out of the oven!
Wrap them up and give them as gifts—teachers, neighbors, friends, family–you will have people love you forever. They’re also the the perfect take-along to parties, gatherings, and when you’re invited to dinner.
Now, when you look at the recipe, don’t freak out about the butter.
I need you to promise.
I know it looks like a lot, but when you taste these cookies, you won’t care.
There are nuts in this reicpe–but they’re optional If you don’t like them, or there are allergies, you can totally leave them out.
Make sure you don’t overbake them. It’s hard to tell with chocolate cookies, because you can’t really see if they’re browned, but you want them to be soft coming out of the oven, since they’ll continue to bake a little.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup + 2 T. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup + 2 T. softened butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add the eggs one at time, then add the vanilla.In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda together. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Do not overbake--cookies will be soft! Cool slightly on the baking sheet for removing to to racks to cool completely.