An easy and adorable rainbow teacher gift idea for the first day of school, teacher appreciation, or anytime! I also have a version for teachers to give to students, as well as a general one for friendship. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day too! Originally posted 2013, updated 2022.
Looking for a simple and fun teacher gift idea? Look no farther! I love how quick this comes together, and with a cute tag to go along with it, it’s perfect for brightening a day or showing appreciation. If you’re a teacher with a rainbow theme in your classroom, I also have a printable for you! Another version of the printable is perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day gift and friendship.
Rainbow Teacher Gift Idea
You just need a few supplies to put this together:
- Jar or clear treat bag
- Printable tag
If I’m giving to a teacher or friend, I like using a small mason jar. I’ve also used milk bottles, which are really cute! For multiple gifts–to a group–clear treat bags work really well, especially if you’re trying to stay on a smaller budget. Another option is to tie the tag around a package of Skittles, which would be perfect for teachers to give to students.
- Fill the jar or bag with Skittles. Sometimes I like to layer them in rainbow order (my kids love to help sort them), but I also just pour them in as is. Whatever you like is great!
- Download and print your choice of tag.
- Cut out the tag, punch a hole in the top or side, then tie it on to the jar or bag with a bit of ribbon.
That’s it! Super easy and adorable!
The tags say:
- I’m Over the Rainbow You’re My Teacher
- I’ve Over the Rainbow You’re My Student
- I’m Over the Rainbow We’re Friends
Download printable tag:
Even more fun & simple teacher gift ideas for you!