Classic Oatmeal Scotchies are so delicious, and one my family’s favorite cookies. The hearty oats combined with the smooth and rich butterscotch…can we just say perfection? This week I decided to take those same great flavors and ingredients and switch them up a little bit, and the result was absolutely divine. I created a cookie cup with the dough, then filled the middle with a creamy butterscotch ganache that pretty much melts in your mouth. They were a HUGE hit!
Have you ever had butterscotch ganache? I don’t hear about it as much as chocolate ganache, but let me just tell you, it is just as yummy! It’s made exactly the same way, but using butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips. Not only does the cup style of this cookie make them look a little more fancy, it also provides the perfect way to deliver all of that butterscotch goodness in the center.
Serve them at a party, take them to a friend or neighbor, or give them to your own family…everyone will love them!
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray, then press the dough into all the bottoms and sides.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes, or until they're lightly browned. When they come out of the oven, use a spoon to press the sides and bottoms of the cookies down--they'll puff up a little during baking. Let cool completely.
- While they're cooling, add the butterscotch chips, 2 T. butter, and heavy cream to a microwaveable glass bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir well, then in 10 second intervals until you can stir it completely smooth.
- Once the cookies are cool, use a table knife to go around the edges and loosen and remove them. Place a on a plate, then fill each one carefully with the butterscotch ganache. Let the ganache set before serving.