My absolute favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner is definitely the pie. I love so many different kinds, and always want to have a taste of every single one, so I thought it would be fun to make mini versions…little bites that let you sample and try more than one. Or two. Or possibly
three four. These Mini No-Bake Pumpkin Cream Pies are impossibly easy and adorable!
Mini No-Bake Pumpkin Cream Pies
The other thing I love about mini pies is that the crust to filling ratio is higher than a normal pie–I love the crust the best, so this makes me happy! They’re just so easy and quick to make, and look like I spent all day. I’m all about that! And don’t you love how adorably cute they look on a plate? They present beautifully, so they really are perfect for your Thanksgiving table.
Affiliate links are included below for your convenience.
To make these even easier, I use mini phyllo dough shells that have already been baked. I love the way they pair with the pumpkin cream filling–or really any filling. All I have to do is stick them in the oven for 3-5 minutes for a little extra crispiness, then fill. That’s it!
After cooling completely, you can fill them and refrigerate until time to serve. I like to use a plastic sandwich bag (or pastry bag if you have one, but sandwich bags are super easy and you can throw them away!), fill it about 2/3 of the way, push all the filling down to one corner, then snip the very corner of the bag. Then I can pipe the filling into the shells, which not only makes it super easy, but also makes them look fancy. It will look like you spent SO much time on these, but they really come together so quickly.
No matter which way you do it, they’re delicious! Use this same technique with all of your other favorite pies too. Chocolate cream, lemon cream, coconut cream…they would all be so yummy in this mini version.
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 c. canned pumpkin
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 4 oz. Cool Whip
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Mini phyllo dough shells , pre-baked
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Beat the cream cheese, pumpkin, 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, and sugar together with a mixer until it's well blended. Gently fold in the Cool Whip until everything is combined. Spoon into cooled shells and refrigerate until firm. (Or, fill a plastic sandwich bag with filling about 2/3 of the way, push into one corner, then snip the corner of the bag. Pipe the filling into the shells--it's super easy, and you can throw the bag away!) Serve with a dollop of whipped cream (I like to beat heavy cream and add a little powdered sugar, or use spray whipped cream) and a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- To make the shells: They come pre-baked, and all you need to do is follow the directions on the box to give them a little extra crispness if you want to. I like to put mine in just for a few minutes. Let cool completely before adding filling.
More pumpkin recipes…