Have you tried the new Lemon Oreos? Oh my goodness, they are SO yummy! I’m just slightly obsessed with all things lemon, so I was really excited to see them. My favorite way to eat Oreos is actually when I make them into Oreo Truffles! When I saw the new lemon flavor, I knew exactly what I wanted to make…Lemon Oreo Truffles. They did not disappoint! Dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with lemon zest, they’re perfect for spring and Easter!
They really could not be any easier to make, and they have just three ingredients! Oreos (yummy), cream cheese (yummy), and white chocolate (yummy). See where I’m heading with this? How could they NOT be good?
These are perfect for all spring menus, parties, and gatherings, including Easter. Wrap them up in cute packaging and give to friends and neighbors–who wouldn’t love to find these on their porch?
Tip: To dip the oreos in chocolate, using two forks works really well, or I love this (*affiliate link) Wilton Dipping Scoop!!
Lemon Oreo Truffles
- 1 package Lemon Oreos finely crushed
- 1-8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1-12 oz. package white chocolate chips
- zest of 2 lemons
- Combine the cream cheese and crushed Oreos, then roll into balls and place onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwaveable glass bowl for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue in 10 second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate can be stirred smooth.
- Dip the oreo balls into the chocolate using two forks, shaking off the excess chocolate. Lay them back on the wax paper, and immediately sprinkle with lemon zest. Let stand until firm.