What would you think about a giant cookie that’s chock full of peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips, M&M’s, and more? And what if I told you it was mixed by hand, in one bowl, with no chilling necessary? Yep. Jumbo Monster Cookies. Kind of the perfect cookie.
And…if things couldn’t get any better, it’s a naturally gluten-free cookie (if you use GF oatmeal)! With a little girl that has Celiac disease, this is a huge plus at our house. You can also experiment with mix-ins–add what you like! Butterscotch chips, nuts, toffee bits, holiday M&M’s…these are all yummy options that you can use.
These cookies are just SO good. They’re thick, chewy, rich, and so full of morsels that every single bite is chocolate-y and delicious. They are HUGE cookies made with 1/2 c. of dough, but they could be made a little smaller if you wanted to–just reduce the baking time accordingly. But who are we kidding, the fact that it’s so big is part of what makes these so awesome!
Jumbo Monster Cookies
- 1 3/4 c. peanut butter don't use all-natural
- 1/2 c. butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 1/2 c. oatmeal
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. milk chocolate chips
- 1 c. M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and prepare cookie sheets by lining them with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spraying with cooking spray.
- Combine the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a large mixing bowl, and stir until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined well. Stir in the oats and baking soda, making sure to mix really well. Mix in the chocolate chips and M&M's!
- Use a measuring cup to scoop out 1/2 c. dough, then roll it into a ball and place on the prepared cookie sheet. I only put three on a cookie sheet, so they would all have room to get big.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, then press them down a little bit with a fork, and bake for another 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for at least 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Makes 12 cookies.
You will LOVE them!!!
A few other favorite cookie recipes at our house…