How to make an easy & adorable quiet book
Make an easy & adorable quiet book for your toddler or preschooler using plastic name badge holders and this darling free printable!
I adore name badges, and I’ve used them for so many projects. Not only are they inexpensive, but they’re the perfect portable size. I made my twin boys quiet books several years ago using them, and this week I decided it was time for my baby girl to have one too!
Since we’re working on our numbers and shapes, I created a darling set of printables that I thought would be perfect for the quiet book. Caroline absolutely loves it, and it tucks right in my diaper bag or purse to use in the car, at church, or while we’re waiting somewhere.
They are SO easy to make! With the free printable, it won’t take long at all to create a quiet book for your child or as a darling gift.
SUPPLIES: (affiliate links included below)
–ribbon (My favorite set ever!)
-double stick tape
-printables (download below)
-scrapbook paper for cover
1. Print the files below onto white cardstock–there’s one for the numbers, and another for shapes.
2. Use your paper trimmer to cut them to fit inside your name badge holders. I created the files to fit a name badge holder that’s a little over 3×4, and will fit a card that’s a around 2×3. There is plenty of white space around the printables though, to allow for cutting them bigger or smaller, depending on what you need.
3. Insert them into the name badge holders.
4. Create a cover for the quiet book! ! printed out the title on a piece of white card stock, then distressed the edges with Distress Ink and used double stick tape to attach it to a cute piece of scrapbook paper cut to size. Slide it into the top of the first name badge holder.
5. Slide all the pages onto a silver book ring, then tie ribbon around the ring for embellishment.
That’s it! Super easy, and super cute!
Here are the printables included:
Kierste Wade is a published author, blogger, and mom to six. With more than 20 years DIY and project experience, she has been sharing ideas on her blog since 2009. Focusing on simple and doable projects, she loves to share attainable ideas for all things home, holidays, and family. Kierste has been featured on Better Homes and Gardens, HGTV, American Farmhouse Magazine (print and online) Taste of Home, Country Living, and more.
I love this!!!! Ever thought of doing the ABC’s? They would be great to put with the numbers and shapes.
Yes–I’m making the ABC set too, and I’ll share it when it’s finished!! xoxo
Such are great idea for my granddaughters!! Thank you for the downloads. Can’t wait for the ABC set :)
Yay!! So glad you love it for your cute granddaughters!! Hopefully I’ll have the ABC set soon. :)
Omg I just decovered your sight and I’m in love! I was wondering did u ever make the abc cards?
I haven’t had a chance yet. :( Soon, I hope, but probably after the new year!