Hi, this is Kara, and I’m excited to share a yummy treat with you today! Cookies are one of my favorite treats to bake. They are simple to make, ready in a few minutes, and loved by everyone. Who can resist a homemade cookie warm from the oven? Chocolate chip cookies are a great standby, but sometimes I like to add something to them to add a little pizzazz.
I love adding different types of nuts and coconut for my family, but when baking for others I worry about food allergies. I found a recipe for chocolate chip cookies with chocolate sprinkles in one of my cookbooks, and I knew I just had to give it a try.
I had my four year old help me make these cookies, and she was pretty excited when she got to pour in the sprinkles. I think sprinkles are just one of those things that make people happy, no matter what age they are. And of course adding more chocolate to cookies is always a good thing. :)
Well, these cookies were a huge hit! They have great texture from the oats, and the chocolate sprinkles just make them fun. If you need to get out of the plain chocolate chip cookie rut, you should really give this recipe a try. You’re sure to love them!
Chocolate Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips I used semi-sweet
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and oats. Stir into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips, pecans, and sprinkles.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls. Place on silpat lined or lightly greased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with your hand. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Let sit for a couple minutes on the pan, then remove to cooling racks.