Valentine popcorn lollipops + free printable!
The Patriotic Popcorn Lollipops that I made for the 4th of July were such a hit, I decided I just had to make a Valentine’s Day version! My kids love these so much, and one of my five year old boys deemed them “the best popcorn balls in the world”. So, there you go, all the recommendation you need. :)
These are so easy and fun to make, and they are always popular wherever we take them. They’re made with melted marshmallow–so like a Rice Krispie treat but using popcorn instead! I tinted them pink, and I like the extra color it gives them for the Valentine holiday. Next their dipped in white chocolate, with generous sprinkles on top, and they’re ready to go!
You can make them and serve them at home, for a party, or wrap them up for the classroom. They make darling gifts, and would be super cute as a Valentine! I’ve included a cute printable just in case! Place a clear plastic treat bag over the top of the popcorn lollipop, then tie a ribbon around the stick. Punch a hole in the printable, then thread it onto the ribbon.
Valentine popcorn lollipopsPIN RECIPE PRINT RECIPE
- 1-10 oz. package mini marshmallows
- 4 T. butter
- 16 cups popped popcorn, I use air-popped
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- sprinkles--color of choice
- lollipop/popsicle sticks
- Place the popped popcorn in an extra large bowl, with plenty of room to stir. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the marshmallows, and stir constantly until smooth. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn, and use a wooden spoon to completely cover the popcorn.
- Let the mixture sit for about 5-10 minutes, to let the marshmallow cool--but not harden. Coat your hands with butter, then form the popcorn mixture into firm balls. Place them on a piece of wax paper that has also been rubbed with a little butter. Don't use cooking spray--it leaves a yucky taste on the popcorn.
- Once all the popcorn balls are formed, push the popsicle/sucker sticks into the center of each ball. Melt the white chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave. Start with 30 seconds, stir, then another 15-30 seconds and stir until smooth. Dip the top half of the popcorn balls into the white chocolate, then immediately add the sprinkles. Refrigerate until time to serve. Makes 6-8 popcorn balls, depending on size. (and how much you eat while you're making them ☺)
Kierste Wade is a published author, blogger, and mom to six. With more than 20 years DIY and project experience, she has been sharing ideas on her blog since 2009. Focusing on simple and doable projects, she loves to share attainable ideas for all things home, holidays, and family. Kierste has been featured on Better Homes and Gardens, HGTV, American Farmhouse Magazine (print and online) Taste of Home, Country Living, and more.
Delicious! Thanks for sharing and for the cute free printable. I’ve added your recipe to my Valentine’s Day Treats roundup :) Happy Wednesday!
Thank you so much for including me, I appreciate it!! xoxo
These look great! How far ahead do you think they can be made?
Thank you!! I would say at least a day or two. I would cover them in a plastic treat bag, so air can’t get to them, or they’ll get too soft.
Did you tint the marshmallow mixture pink?
Yes I did! :)