A delightfully minty green Shamrock Float is the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
Oh my goodness, how I love mint and chocolate together! It’s one of my favorite flavor combinations, and it’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day. They’re definitely on our St. Patrick’s Day menu, and my kids can’t wait!
Shamrock Shakes with a Twist!
I’ve been a fan of Shamrock Shakes forever, but I love the floats even more. They have the same minty-delicious taste, but with the hint of chocolate. Plus, if you’re making them for a crowd (which my family is!), they’re SO quick to put together, and definitely faster than making shakes.
The ingredients? Add your favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream to large glasses, or wide-mouth mason jars (which I think are SO cute!). Pour Sprite over the ice cream, and for even more yumminess, add whipped cream and sprinkles! (As a side note…I’m totally obsessed with sprinkles. My kids just counted 66 different kinds in my pantry, and every time I see them in the store I want to buy more! I think they make everything cuter. :) )
Shamrock floats are a simple treat, but sure to please…on St. Patrick’s Day or anytime!
You can also use lime sherbet instead of the mint chocolate chip ice cream, if you like that flavor better. It will still give you that fun green St. Patrick’s Day color!
St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Floats
- -Mint chocolate chip ice cream (or lime sherbet)
- -Sprite or other lemon-lime soda
- -Whipped cream
- Scoop the ice cream into large glasses or wide-mouth mason jars. Pour Sprite over the top, then add whipped cream and sprinkles if desired!
Other ideas you might like…
- You’re My Pot of Gold Gift Idea & Printable
- “Lucky To Know You” St. Patrick’s Day Printable & Gift Idea
- Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Cake