Each year my husband has decorated a room in the house for me for Valentine’s Day. This year the tradition continued, but in addition to the balloons & crete paper, he got a little crafty (and he is not one to usually do something like this, so it’s really saying something)!
I thought he had a really clever idea for a Valentine chain, and wanted to pass it along. He actually used it as a card, and left messages on each heart. I think it would be darling strung across a mantel or doorway!
ITEMS YOU NEED:
- red & pink construction paper
- double stick tape
- Draw out your heart shape template. At the bottom tip of the heart, leave a gap on either side, and make a “tail”, about 4-5 inches long, or as big as want your loop.
- Cut out as many hearts as you need, plus the same amount of regular chain pieces.
- For the hearts, bend the tail piece back and and tape it to the back of the heart to make a loop.
- Alternate the heart loops and the regular loops to form a chain.