I’m kind of in love with stripes, and I really love them on this Striped Love Sign I made to add to my Valentine’s Day decor. Although I love it so much, I might leave it up year round!
SO fun! I seriously love it. Best of all, it’s super easy to make and is a pretty quick project! It would be adorable sitting on a mantel or entry table, or hanging on the wall. I made mine a pretty good size–2 feet x 2 feet, but you can really make it any size you like. Use the same method and have it say something else–for a bedroom, bathroom, playroom–anywhere! I love the wood color of the MDF alongside the white–so cute!
Here’s how I did it:
-1/2 inch MDF, cut to 24 x24 inches
-white spray paint
-stencil (I used vinyl)
1. Cut your MDF to 24×24 inches square–or another size if you prefer.
2. Create stripes with the painters tape–every 3 inches–alternating one plain, and one taped. You should have 8 total stripes if using a 24 inch board.
3. Spray your board white, and let dry completely.
4. Add your stencil ( I designed mine in Silhouette–all sized to 8 inches tall), and paint them your desired colors. Let dry completely, then remove the stencils. (FONT = Letter Gothic Standard, heart is from the Silhouette online store)
5. I like a little distressed look, so used my power sander to rough up the the edges and the letters–but it’s totally optional.
And you’re done! You can set it up on a mantel, or add hardware to the back to hang it on the wall.