I would like to introduce you to a new favorite…Skinny Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins! Not only are they absolutely divine, they are SKINNY! Although, I guess they’re no longer skinny when you eat four of them, lol. I tell you, these are SO good!
I was at my doctor appointment a few weeks ago, and my mom came with me. This recipe was in a magazine she was looking at, and so I quickly took a picture as my name was being called. Unfortunately I didn’t get a look at which magazine, so I can’t give it proper credit, but if someone knows, please tell me so I can!
I LOVE the combination of raspberries and white chocolate, and since there isn’t a lot of sugar in the recipe, the chocolate also adds just a tiny bit more sweetness. Crusty on the outside, moist on the inside, they are the way a muffin should be!
- 2 c. flour
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. skim milk
- 1/4 c. egg whites
- 6 oz. (1 container) low fat vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. frozen raspberries…DO NOT thaw!
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 T. sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well. In small bowl combine oil, egg whites, milk, yogurt, and vanilla; mix well. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Gently stir in frozen raspberries and white chocolate chips.
- Divide batter equally into muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
- ***My oven bakes quickly, and only needed between 12 and 13 minutes. I would check them sooner than later!!!