It’s the 10th of the month which means another fabulous themed roundup from this talented bunch of bloggers! This month’s theme is pumpkin– recipes, crafts, and more. I love seeing how each blogger takes the theme and runs with it, and this month is no different. After you check out my Pumpkin Crumb Cake, be sure to check out what everyone else is sharing as well!
Okay, so I’m totally admitting to you that pumpkin is usually not my favorite–pumpkin pie I just can’t do. But…this Pumpkin Crumb Cake is so yummy, that even if you’re not a pumpkin fan, if anything will change your mind, this will! If you already love pumpkin, then this is a must-try!
My kids love it too, and it’s one of those yummy fall treats you’ll want to make many times! It’s already been added to our Thanksgiving menu–by popular request from everyone in our family.
You will be thrilled at how easy it is to make–just a few minutes to put together before popping it into the oven. It’s layers of buttery cake with a pumpkin filling, and the combination of the two is unbeatable. It’s best served warm, straight out of the oven, with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Or both. :)
Pumpkin Crumb Cake
- 1 package yellow cake mix reserve 1 c.
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 lb. canned pumpkin
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 c. reserved cake mix
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. butter softened
Mix together the crust ingredients and press in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
Combine the filling ingredients, and pour over crust.
Crumb together the the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the filling. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, or until it tests done with a toothpick. (My oven bakes faster, so I always check between 40-45 minutes.) Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Or both. :)
Don’t forget to stop by and check out even more pumpkin-y goodness…
1. Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins – Two Twenty One
2. Pumpkin Favor Bags – Eighteen 25
3. Printable Fall Tags & Pumpkin Cookies – Thirty Handmade Days
4. Dinner In A Pumpkin – Capturing Joy
5. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies – Or so she says…
6. Pumpkin Crumb Cake – Simply Kierste
7. Fresh Fall Pumpkin Garland – Landeelu
8. Tribal Inspired Pumpkins – The Crafted Sparrow
9. Wood Spindle Pumpkins – Lolly Jane
10. Pumpkin Walnut Cheesecake – Your Homebased Mom