We are such a cookie family, and we usually make them once a week (okay, sometimes twice). These Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies are a spinoff of our most favorite peanut butter cookies!
I usually use chocolate chips in this recipe, but thanks to a bunch of leftover Reese’s PB Cups, we have a new favorite to add to the list! Seriously, you will be SO happy that you have this recipe, because it’s simply the best peanut butter cookie I’ve ever had. For reals. It’s the perfect consistency–soft and thick on the inside, with a little crunch on the outside, thanks to a little roll in granulated sugar before baking. The chocolate is the best complement, and adds a creamy richness.
My kids LOVED the surprise in the middle of these cookies!! They look pretty normal on the outside after they’re baked, and so my kids had no idea what was in store for them when they took a big bite. SO yummy! They were a huge hit, and we’ll most definitely be making this version again. If you don’t have peanut butter cups, definitely try these with the chocolate chips. Okay…try it both ways. ☺
They are DEE-licious!!!
Peanut Butter SURPRISE CookiesPRINT RECIPE
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 c. chocolate chips, I use the large Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
- 24 Reese's PB Mini Cups, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars; beat in eggs. Stir together flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Beat just until well mixed. If you're using chocolate chips, stir them in at this point, then roll into balls, then roll them in granulated sugar.
- If you're using the Reese's Minis, take an unwrapped piece and place it in the center of a rolled ball of dough. Roll balls in granulated sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Use two fingers to press them down very slightly. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool slightly before removing from pan and transferring them to a cooking rack.