If you’re doing a family movie night, and are either doing a concession stand or having treats, having fun movie boxes are perfect for keeping everything in! They’re super easy to make, and DARLING!
ITEMS YOU NEED:
- cardboard flats with sides–pick them up at the grocery store on your next trip! Look for boxes with sturdy sides and bottom, and no nicks or cuts.
- spray paint
- scrapbook paper
- distress ink
- Mod Podge and foam brush
- craft paint
- foam stamps
- Dust off your boxes, and make sure they are free of any lint.
- Paint them with the spray paint. The inside bottom and sides need to be done well–no cardboard showing, but the outside doesn’t need to be perfect, since you will covereing most of it up with paper. Let dry.
***Painting tip: Take several large pieces of plywood or solid wood boards, and hammer in very long nails into them, so that they poke through on the other side at least an inch or more. (see my painting pics…you’ll see mine) When you’re ready to paint, lay the wood down with the nails pointing up. This will provide a great surface to set the items you’re painting on…allowing you to get at all angles and not have to stick to the surface.
- Measure the sides of your boxes, then cut scrapbook paper to fit.
- Distress all edges.
- Using the foam brush, apply a layer of Mod Podge directly onto the box. Place your paper on the box, then add another layer of Mod Podge on top.
- Repeat on all sides. Let dry.
- Stamp desired names in the middle of your box using craft paint and foam stamps. I like to use my finger to apply the paint to the stamp–it allows for more control over your paint.
You’re done! You’re ready for movie night! Read all about having a concession stand with your family movie night HERE! It’s SO fun, and a really great motivator!