I just love finding ways to re-use and recycle. I also love containers, and finding new ways to keep organized. How adorable are these plastic baby food containers? They are such a perfect size, and be used for SO many things.
For me, I have been wanting a way to keep all my girls’ hair things neat and organized. Because they have short hair, they mostly wear bows and flowers that are on clips, but we do have a collection of elastic hair bands, bobby pins, and other paraphernalia that needed their own place.
These containers are exactly right! I had considered using a plastic tackle box, or bead box, that have different compartments, but decided against it for several reasons.
First of all, I only use clear hair elastics, so I didn’t really need to organize them by color. I was also worried that if the box spilled for some reason, I wouldn’t just lose a few elastics, I would lose them all. These containers fit in the small stackable Rubbermaid drawers I have in my bathroom cupboards, and also in the plastic bins I have on the shelves. YAY!!
ITEMS YOU NEED:
- plastic baby food containers
- scrapbook paper
- distress ink
- double stick tape
- Print out desired labels on cardstock. Ink all edges.
- Tape words onto coordinating cardstock. Ink all edges.
- Tape matted words onto scrapbook paper. Ink all edges.
- Tape onto the top of your plastic container.
- Portable First Aid kit: bandaids, alcohol pad, safety pins, etc. Perfect for diaper bag or purse!
- Store your extra Christmas bulbs, or other tiny Christmas or holiday items.
- Desk storage: push pins, brads, paper clips, tacks, rubber bands, etc.
- Tiny toys: Barbie shoes or accessories, small dress-up jewelry
- Great for taking small items with you in your diaper bag or purse.
- ***Reader tip…Perfect for storing tiny embellishments, brads, eyelets, etc. How fun to organize them by color, and then display! Thanks Jenn and Angela!